Position: Captains – Full time & part time, from March 2021
Hey Captain is looking for captains to sail our guests around the canals of Copenhagen while delivering a social, personal and informative tour. If you are social by heart, share our passion for being on the water, and want to join an exciting start-up maybe this is the job for you?
About Hey Captain
- We are a young Copenhagen canal tour company established in May 2017.
- We believe that people are looking for genuine experiences and our mission is to deliver social sailing; where a canal tour becomes a social interactive experience shared by guests and the captain
- We are a team of young ambitious people who have a passion for sailing.
About the position
- You will be sailing a boat with 12 passengers.
- While you cruise along the canals it is about making guests feel at home while facilitating a social, personal, and informative tour
- You can influence your own working hours as we are open 7 days a week, and we are looking for people for both full time positions (4-5 shifts/week) and part time positions (min. 2 shifts/week).
- Full time positions are available from end of March 2021 but we are hiring throughout the spring
- Part time positions are available from end of March 2021 but we are hiring throughout the spring
- An outdoor job where you will be sailing in the sun when the weather is good, and will be provided with all the necessary gear to keep you warm and dry for less fortunate days
- An opportunity to join a very ambitious young company, where we want to have fun while making a real positive impact on the guests we invite onboard.
- Possibility of earning attractive salary and tips
- Minimum 18 years old.
- You are positive and generally look at the brighter side of life.
- You have an outgoing personality and enjoy socializing and engaging with new people
- You are service minded and have a flair for making people feel comfortable as if they were home.
- You are devoted to your job, the guests, and your co-workers.
- Experience as a guide, instructor, or similar is a plus.
- A degree of sailing experience required, but we will be providing full training in operating the boats
- You are fluent in English and it is a plus if you also master an additional language like German, French, Spanish, Italian, Danish, Swedish or Norwegian.
To apply: Please send your CV and a short motivational letter.
For questions or more information please contact us by email.
Timeline for interview process:
- Please send your application as early as possible as we will evaluate them on an on-going basis
- You can expect to hear back from us in the beginning of March
- Interviews will take place from the beginning of March and trhoughout the spring