Join BoligPortal.dk and BostadsPortal.se on a wild adventure.
We help Denmark move
Thousands of people use BoligPortal (in Denmark) and BostadsPortal (in Sweden) to find or rent out an apartment every day. At the same time, BoligPortal innovates by developing new tools to help landlords manage the process of renting out their properties.
If you would like to take part in developing and maintaining software for a growing suite of products targeting the international market, with a shared mission, then we want to hear from you!
We want to talk to you if
You are an experienced backend developer with documented results in shipping successful software. A relevant education as a software engineer or in computer science is a plus but not a requirement. It’s also a plus if you know the technologies in our stack. More importantly, you are a fast learner and curious by nature. You stay updated about new technologies, concepts and trends. You thrive being around passionate people driven by creating the solutions of tomorrow and enjoy succeeding as a team in an agile environment.
You want to talk with us because
- We don’t shove deadlines down your throat, instead we set them together.
- We are all engaged in shaping our products from idea to development, which means you will have a clear say in how things are being developed.
- We keep meetings few and short, prefer Slack over emails, and collaborate towards our shared goals.
- We want to hang out with you, so we can develop awesome features together but also so we can kick your ass in Rocket League and table tennis.
- We like to move fast, while maintaining quality and reducing busywork.
- We strive to keep the code-base healthy and keep technical debt in check.
- We take work-life balance seriously.
- We have all the basics covered, such as great coffee, fresh fruit, snacks and catered lunch.
In addition to our team of product managers and developers, you will be a part of a professional, innovative and international environment with about 50 colleagues in BoligPortal.
Your day at BoligPortal
- Develop and maintain features on new and existing products for tenants and landlords
- Bring your ideas about how to improve our product and our code
- Model our business requirements in our code / database model
- Write automated tests to ensure high-quality code
- Assist in getting code tested by QA.
- Investigate and fix bugs reported by customers or proactively (via Sentry)
- Collaborate with frontenders and product managers on new projects
- Perform code review of colleagues’ PRs
You will join BoligPortal’s development team, which is focused on building a SaaS solution adding groundbreaking automation and tooling for the housing market, while we maintain our position as the best place to find or rent out properties. We rewrote our entire platform from scratch last year and therefore run without any archaic legacy code. Building something entirely new and tackling problems in new ways means we are constantly learning and homing in on what ticks the box for our customers.
What you bring to the table
- 2-3 years of experience with backend development (we use Python)
- Experience with Django or other web frameworks/ORMs
- Good SQL/data-modelling skills (we use PostgreSQL)
- Experience writing unit/integration tests
- Experience building REST APIs
- Ability to write readable, performant code
- Ability to work on a team using version control, code review, etc.
- Professional experience with one of the major cloud providers (Heroku, AWS, Google Cloud, etc.)
- Good English skills, as we are an international team
- Nice to have: TypeScript/React experience
- Most importantly: You are excited about building the optimal experience for our customers and creating great products.
So, what’s the tech-stack?
We use technologies that get the job done while constantly exploring new technologies. Our backend is built with Python (Django) and PostgreSQL. We’re hosted on Heroku and AWS. Our frontend is built with TypeScript (React). We use git for version control and CircleCI for continuous integration. We work in 2-week sprints, and organize our tasks using ClubHouse.
Application and questions
The best way to impress us is to show some code you have made (e.g. your GitHub profile). If you have any questions about the position, then contact Morten Emery, +45 31431209, email@example.com.
During the recruitment process there will be a case assignment as well as a personality test. We do interviews ongoing and close the deal when we find the right person for the job.
We are hiring more tech people
Right now we are also looking for DevOps Engineer (https://bp.ofir.com/job/devops-engineer-3090851313) and a Front-end developer (https://bp.ofir.com/job/front-end-developer-228437913) - take a look or tip someone you know.
Se mere på vores ansøgersite: https://bp.ofir.com
Denne jobannonce blev oprindeligt opslået på https://www.ofir.dk/
(Den originale annonce kan ses på: https://www.ofir.dk/showojob?ofirid=d3fd9751)