Introducing the Avanade
Avanade’s Applications & Infrastructure pedigree combines proven service capabilities, global scale and joint solution development in an unparalleled way to help clients to digitally transform their businesses and gain competitive advantage through full leverage of the Microsoft eco-system. We get our clients to Azure quicker than any other Microsoft partner using accelerators and the world’s largest pool of certified Azure expertise. Once there, we transform operating models and ways of working to help our clients capitalize on the continuous innovation available in Azure. Our Nordic team is growing rapidly in a market of high potential, and we need to recruit inspiring Cloud Transformation Solution Architects with a passion for shaping, selling and delivering transformational solutions that make a real difference for our clients.
About your future role:
We are currently looking for an experienced Cloud Transformation Solutions Architect who is experienced with architecting and selling Infrastructure Consulting and Managed Services. You come from an Infrastructure engineering background with solid technical architecture and delivery leading experience. Experience with project estimation and staffing in an advantage.
Solution Architects play one of the most important roles at Avanade. You are front and center of solutions crafting. Your ideas and your work drive significant business outcomes for our largest enterprise clients. You lead all the lively stuff: solution development, architecture, sales support, and delivery for some of Avanade’s top clients.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for defining modern infrastructure architectures for public and hybrid cloud solutions based on the Microsoft Azure cloud and the broader Microsoft technology stack like Power Platform, M365 with a high focus on security and compliance. You will define delivery approaches to ensure successful migration and/or transformation to the future state. Typical customer scenarios include accelerated data center exits and migrations to get to public cloud, optimizing existing cloud and hybrid estates, and defining the desired relationships and operating models across our customer’s software, hardware, networks, people and operations, to effectively operate in a Cloud oriented environment. You understand the important relationship between cloud and data platform. As a Solution Architect you will participate and sometimes run deal solutioning including creating solution plans, estimation models and staffing plans.
This is a combined pre-sales and delivery role (approximately 50/50). The split with fluctuate in response to demand. You will engage directly with our customers and work in collaboration with our sales and delivery teams to define and deliver Cloud Transformation solutions based on Microsoft Azure.
You will be a part of the Danish Avanade infrastructure Community working with clients as an Architect. You will also be part of the Danish and Nordic Solution Architects community and might expect some travel time between the Nordic countries when working as solution architect on larger Nordic deal solutioning. In the big deals you will most likely be working together with our European and international COE’s for specialized knowledge and guidance.
Due to COVID-19 we currently work 100% locally with no travel to other countries.
What makes you the perfect Azure presales Solutions Architect? Well, you have the following attributes and knowledge:
- You can talk at the level of a technical engineer, right through to the c-suite. You have a good presence and can establish immediate credibility. You have excellent commercial awareness. Internally you set an example as a leader, mentor and trusted ambassador.
- You have experience with the Microsoft Cloud Adoption Framework (or similar methodologies) and have delivered large enterprise Azure solutions.
- You thrive on building effective partnerships, collaborating with external clients, internal leadership and architecture teams to define technology and architecture blueprints/build implementation roadmaps to achieve client success.
- You understand deal economics and write clear proposals and Statements of Work.
- Work closely with Sales, tailoring and shaping our proposition to the customers’ IT and business leadership for our largest Enterprise Accounts.
- Helping clients understand cloud-oriented practices and approaches including DevOps, PaaS, containers, Hybrid cloud, migration and modernization of applications using cloud and Big Data
- Driving the creation of the value case for the client’s business challenges that would most benefit from migration to the Microsoft platform
- Perform End-to-end solution shaping and solution architecture for Cloud Transformation, including estimation, solution planning and SOW to create the optimal customer outcome.
- Gain approval and sign-off for solutions with Avanade’s own internal stakeholders, giving confidence we have the ability to execute and deliver desired outcomes to the customer.
- Present solutions to customer CIO’s, Chief Architect’s and VP’s. Explaining the solution in detail, interpreting customer needs and responding to challenges to show the value and relevance to the customer business
- Act as an evangelist, answering technical questions on the solution and the Azure Public Cloud, show solutions to customer requirements through demonstrations and examples, and be able to articulate the business value.
- Collaborate with our strategic partners, Accenture and Microsoft, on target accounts.
- Work with Nordic Offering Leads and wider Avanade architect community in Denmark and across the Nordic Region to share, and document innovations and best practices.
- Building strong and lasting client relationships
The successful candidate will have the following experience, skills & qualifications:
- A depth of experience in a consulting and systems integrator environment, focused on infrastructure modernization and migration to Azure
- Ability to develop relationships and provide advisory services to C-level executives
- Experience with sales principles and practices including end-to-end sales lifecycle from origination through to contract closure and project mobilisation
- Proven experience in Cloud Transformation and Migration solutions, defining and shaping the delivery approach, working with offshore/nearshore teams, estimating effort to deliver and building resource profiles.
- Proven experience in successful delivery of Infrastructure Migration or Data centre migration projects.
- Experience working with multi-site delivery teams, offshore / nearshore / onshore
- Ability to successfully manage large-scale, complex deal cycles at enterprise accounts.
We’re looking for candidates who also have these additional preferred skills and qualifications:
- Well-versed in new technology - enablement and transformation leadership to help clients assess, build, transform and operationalize new IT capabilities to support the new breed of customer experience-based business models
- Demonstrated design and transformational leadership in enterprise digital architecture, including industry specific platforms and services enabling integration and delivery of multi-speed IT
- Can operate in a culture of accountability; build a strong and active business network; meets sales targets and operational standards
- Demonstrated expertise in a wide variety of hard and soft skills, vital to the implementation of systems, applications, architectures and applications
- Prior experience as a people leader
- Collaborative; strong relationship-building and negotiation skills.
- Excellent communicator: executive level communication skills (both written and verbal), and the ability to mentor others
- You will have several years of relevant technology business leadership experience in areas such as solution pre-sales, architecture, and project delivery. You likely also have experience of demonstrated people and/or business leadership experience, particularly leading consultants.
- Fluent in at least one Nordic language as well as English, you will have a degree in a business or technology-related field. An advanced degree or specialization would be highly desirable as would Microsoft and related industry certifications.
About your technical skills:
- Cloud Networking
- Azure Compute
- Cloud Governance
- Cloud Identity and Security
- Cloud Operations and Migrations
- Cloud Security
- Azure Architect Level
- M365 High Level Understanding
- On-prem infrastructure - high level skills and understandings
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 28,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.