At Nets, you’ll develop in a fast-growing PayTech company in a high-paced and high-impact market. Working to change the future of payments, it’s not just skills and ambition that gets the job done, it’s the full package that makes the difference. Together, we impact the lives of everyone around us by powering an easier tomorrow for every citizen, bank, business and colleague. The question is, what powers you at work?
In Group Legal & Compliance, comprising of more than 40 legal professionals across Europe, we are looking for a new colleague to join our professional and engaged team. We offer a unique opportunity to provide best in class legal advice to our rapidly changing business at the centre of the fast-growing European payment industry. The Group Corporate and M&A team works in close collaboration with key stakeholdes to support Nets on its journey to become the leading European PayTech company. Our industry is evolving at an unprecedented pace as consumers demand secure and easy-to-use payment solutions like never before, backed by new technological advances, regulatory changes and competitor consolidation.
To support the continued growth of Nets and most notbably to support future M&A acquisition processes, we are seeking a professional and experienced Competition Lawyer with an international commercial mindset. As a part of the Group Corporate and M&A team in the Nets Group, you will be working in close collaboration with our Group General Counsel, to whom you will report directly to, and other senior stakeholders within the Nets Group.
Your key responsibilities in this role will be:
- Merger reviews and filings on a European scale in close cooperation with our Group Corporate & M&A team in Group Legal & Compliance, including managing external counsel on competition law related issues
- Advising on clean team set-ups and providing general guidance on interactions between competitors
- Day-to-day competition law advice on key agreements and business decisions
- Support and maintainance of a comprehensive comtetition compliance program, including conducting relevant trainings
Your professional qualifications and background should include:
- A master degree in law and ideally, you are a qualified lawyer
- Highly specialized in competition law with a minimum of 5 years experience in a complex and international set-up, preferably from a recognized law firm or corresponding in-house position
- Solid experience with M&A processes on competition law related issues
- Ability to operate within a complex business environment and comfortable with English as a corporate language
- Ability to deliver robust legal advice and to convey complex legal concepts in a way that is easily understandable to all relevant stakeholder groups
- Experience with and from the fintech industry or another regulated industry is a plus but not a pre-requisite
- Knowledge of industrial organisations or business economics is a plus
We value your personal qualifications such as:
- The ability to adapt to a fast changing environment with a hands-on approach
- The ability to stand your ground and deliver top-quartile quality, including the management of external legal advisors
- The ability to work under own initiative as well as within and alongside the rest of the team
- Strong analytical skills and a structured approach
- Strong planning and time management skills and the ability to balance competing priorities
- The desire to continue personal development and identify areas for personal improvement and skill gaps
- A high standard of integrity, transparency and objectivity
- Willingness to contribute to a fun and engaging work place
We want to attract, develop and engage the best talent, which means that at Nets, you’ll be working with colleagues across the company, across Europe. Whether it is innovation or operation that makes you tick, our company structure allows you to build your career and grow in a business that encompasses all aspects of the digital payment value chain. We work in an environment characterised by team play and informality and with plenty of social activities within sports, culture and social network.
Apply with your CV before the 10.05.2021. We will make personal interviews on an on-going basis so please do not wait with uploading your application. You can enclose a short video clip in your application, if you like. And if you’re curious to learn more about the job, you’re welcome to contact either Janus Hillerup, Group General Counsel on +45 2012 3226, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or Head of Group Corporate and M&A, Dorthe Rosenkilde Saunders on +45 2948 2145, e-mail email@example.com.
In Nets, we conduct background checks on relevant candidates through our partner Semac, www.semac.no.